Tips from World of Warcraft (Part 3)
Written by thaynn.
- It’s considered polite to talk to someone before inviting them into a group, or opening a trade window.
- Pressing ‘v’ will toggle the display of a health bar over nearby enemies.
- <Shift> click on a quest log to toggle quest tracking for that quest.
- The auction houses in each of your faction’s major cities are linked together.
- Nearby questgivers that are awaiting your return are shown as a yellow question mark on your mini-map.
- Quests completed at maximum level award money instead of experience
- <Shift>-B will open all your bags at once.
- When interacting wiith other players a little kindness goes a long way.
- Bring your friends to Azeroth, but don’t forget to go outside Azeroth with them as well.
- If you keep an empty mailbox, the mail icon will let you know when you have new mail waiting!
Where to fish for “Oily Blackmouth”?
Written by thaynn.
Many of you look for the famous Oily Blackmouth fish, well I found few nice spots that has some potential for plenty of oil blackmouth fishes to loot. Menethil Bay is a pretty good spot to fish for the Oily Blackmouth, Firefn Snapper and Raw Rainbow Fin Albacore. The chances of gettiing the Oily Blackmouth is 33% based on the fishing addon that calculates the number of fish type compared to other fishes you have fished over a the time spent fishing.
The Oily Blackmouth can be use by Alchemist to create Blackmouth Oil which is used in few recepeis by both: Alchemy/Alchemists and Enchanting/Enchanters.
2x Oily Blackmouth
Used by: Alchemy:
2x Blackmouth Oil
1x Blackmouth Oil
Used by: Enchanting:
1x Soul Dust
May’s Patch is out - Read all about it!
Written by thaynn.
World of Warcraft Client Patch 2.4.2
The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/
The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html
- Talent: Primal Fury (Rank 2) will now be properly unlearned when it is untalented.
- Aspect of the Viper: This ability now grants an additional amount of mana each 5 seconds equal to 35% of the hunter’s level.
- Boar Charge: This ability will no longer make Growl cast immediately after it generates excessive threat.
- The pet ability Growl will no longer scale with pet Attack Power and now scales with the hunter’s Attack Power.
- Dire Ravens in Blade’s Edge Mountains are now tameable.
- Scare Beast: The range on this spell has been increased to 30 yards.
- Tamed Drywallow Snappers now will know Bite 5 (instead of Claw 5).
- Talent: Improved Blink (Arcane) now reduces chance to be hit by 13/25% and the duration of Rank 1 has been increased to 4 seconds.
- Completing the quest “Arcane Refreshment” will now properly teach the spell Conjure Water (Rank 7).
- Polymorph: Mounted creatures will no longer remain mounted while polymorphed.
- Molten Armor will now do damage while a damage absorption shield is active.
- New Teleport/Portal: Theramore and Teleport/Portal:Stonard spells are available at portal trainers in their respective locations. You must be level 35 to learn these new spells.
- Flash of Light and Holy Light will now work properly with castsequence macros.
- Seal of the Crusader: This ability now increases the damage dealt by Crusader Strike by 40%.
- Talent: Precision (Ranks 1-3) will no longer improperly display daggers and staves as a weapon class in the tooltip.
- Paladins that already have Apprentice Riding skill can now properly learn Summon Warhorse from the trainer.
- Fear Ward will no longer be consumed while under the effects of cyclone.
- Mana Burn: This spell can no longer trigger effects that require the target to be struck with a critical hit.
- Power Word: Shield now has the correct sound associated with it and can no longer be heard from large distances.
- Talent: Power Infusion will now consume the correct amount of mana when cast on yourself.
- Ability: Blade Flurry: This ability can no longer hit critters as its secondary targets and will now use a proper range calculation for all secondary targets.
- Talent: Mutilate (Assassination) will no longer incorrectly appear multiple times in the combat log when used.
- Ability: Frostbrand Weapon: Rank 6 damage has been increased very slightly.
- Drain Soul: Channeling of this spell will now always stop when a player target dies.
- Pets: Using a sacrifice effect to kill your own pet will no longer trigger effects that should only occur when killing an enemy.
- Sweeping Strikes: This ability can no longer hit critters as its secondary targets and will now use a proper range calculation for all secondary targets.
- If a character’s personal rating is more than 150 points below the team rating, they will earn points based on their personal rating instead of the team rating.
- If the average personal rating of the players queuing for a game is more than 150 points below the team’s rating, the team will be queued against an opponent matching or similar to the average personal rating.
- All 23-hour profession cooldowns are now 20-hour cooldowns.
- All 4-day cooldowns are now 3 days, 20 hours.
- Removed the cooldown from Void Shatter.
- Void Shatter recipe now correctly requires 375 enchanting.
- The Engineering supply item Delicate Copper Wire will now properly fit into engineering bags.
- Brilliant Glass no longer requires a forge.
- Brilliant Glass now has a small chance to make an epic gem.
- Quick Dawnstone, Reckless Noble Topaz, Forceful Talasite are now all available at the Quel’danas gem vendor.
- Completing the quest “The Journey Has Just Begun” will now properly teach how to make an Onyxia Scale Cloak.
- Greatly reduced the reagent cost for Glove Reinforcements. Also reduced the skill gain range slightly.
- The categories for the quests “Wanted: Sisters of Torment” and “Wanted: The Signet Ring of Prince Kael’thas” have been fixed to now properly read as Magister’s Terrace.
- The Shadowy Disguise will no longer be applied to druids while they are in Moonkin or Tree of Life form for the quests “Who Are They?”
- Jailor Eston and Jailor Marlgen for the quest “The Rescue” should now respawn more frequently.
Dungeons and Raids
- Black Temple
- Illidan will no longer despawn if a raid group wipes during his death speech.
- Nightbane’s Charred Earth ability will now properly deal Fire damage.
- Magister’s Terrace
- Vexallus is no longer immune to taunt on Normal difficulty.
- Kael’thas is no longer immune to taunt on Normal difficulty.
- Wretched Skulkers, Wretched Husks, and Wretched Bruisers will now reset properly.
- Sunblade Imps will now reset properly.
- The doors in Heroic Magister’s Terrace will no longer respawn after a soft reset if a boss has already been killed.
- Sunwell Plateau
- Hellfire will no longer remove Dark Touched in the Eredar Twins encounter.
- Tempest Keep: The Eye
- Void Reaver’s Arcane orbs now generate combat log entries.
- Arcane Charges now deal arcane damage.
- Abilities and trinkets that trigger after killing an opponent that gives experience or honor will no longer activate after killing mobs during bombing quests.
- Battlecast’s Garb should now properly grant pushback resistance in addition to interrupt resistance.
- Borderland Fortress Grips have had their stats updated.
- Botanist’s Gloves of Growth have had their texture corrected.
- Bow of Searing Arrows and Red Whelp Gloves will no longer break crowd control effects.
- Brann Bronzebeard’s Lost Letter: This item will no lonber display a damage range in its tooltip.
- The Cloak of Swift Mending now has a level requirement (70).
- Crusader’s Scaled Battlegear: The tooltip spelling has been corrected.
- Darkmoon Card: Madness: The durations of the buffs received from this item have been extended to 60 seconds.
- Elixir of Demonslaying: This elixir now grants ranged attack power against demons as intended.
- Goblin Jumper Cables are no longer a trinket item.
- Hazza’rah’s Charm of Healing Haste rating reduced.
- Items that enchant other items no longer have tradeskill requirements (Mithril Spurs, Shield Spikes, Weapon Chains, etc.).
- The Helm of Fire has had its casting range reduced.
- The Magic Candle has had its casting range reduced.
- Many items sold by Consortium vendors are now bind on pick up: Formula: Enchant Weapon- Major Striking, Design: Delicate Blood Garnet, Design: Shifting Shadow Draenite, Design: Lustrous Azure Moonstone, Design: Thick Golden Draenite.
- Many items sold by Aldor reputation vendors are now bind on pick up: Design: Gleaming Golden Draenite, Design: Royal Shadow Draenite.
- Many items sold by the Shattered Sun quartermaster are now bind on pick up: Naaru Ration, Design: Ember Skyfire Diamond.
- The Lower City reputation item, Recipe: Flask of Chromatic Resistance, is now bind on pick up.
- Most Main-Hand weapons are now One-Hand weapons.
- Naturalist’s Preserving Cinch have had their stats updated.
- Nightfall now has a chance to fail on targets over level 60.
- Prince Kael’thas will now drop Primal Nethers in Heroic Magisters Terrace.
- Ravager: Judgements will no longer auto-refresh and break the effect from this item while its effect is active.
- Reins of the Black War Elekk spell and buff now correspond to the item name.
- Renataki’s Charm of Trickery has had its energy reduced.
- Rocket Boots Xtreme and Rocket Boots Xtreme Lite now properly share the same cooldown.
- The Romantic Picnic Basket will now display the blanket properly.
- Shard of Azzinoth no longer shares any cooldown with Shaman elemental totems.
- The socket bonus modifiers of some items will now properly display the bonus healing.
- The reduced cooldown of Shaman Nature’s Swiftness provided by the 4 piece set bonus from the Seer’s Ringmail Battlegear PvP armor will now apply properly.
- Shattered Sun Pendant of Might: The triggered effect from this item will no longer break Scatter Shot or other crowd-controlling affects. The visual on the Scryer version has been updated.
- Shifting Naaru Sliver: Using this item no longer puts players into combat.
- Silithyst Dust: The bonus from turning this item in no longer works for players above level 63.
- The Skyshatter Helmet’s gem socket bonus will now properly reflect the plus damage in the tooltip.
- Shadowsong Panther will no longer prematurely despawn.
- Talasite Owl: This trinket will now properly restore full mana as described.
- Ten Storms Set: The Chain Heal bonus from this set has been reduced by 5%.
- Troll Male off-hand items are now the same size as the main hand item.
- Tauren weapons while sheathed have had their graphic readjusted to their pre-patch (2.4.0) state.
- The Winterfall Firewater buff is no longer dispellable.
- Wushoolay’s Charm of Nature Haste rating has been reduced.
- The guild log scroll bar will now properly display.
- Black Lotus will now show up under the Herb subcategory in the auction house.
- Primal Nethers will now show up under the Materials subcategory in the auction house.
- Mailboxes can now be tracked on the minimap.
- For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros Forum.
- Creature versions of the Polymorph spell no longer heal the affected target.
- The dragons in Blade’s Edge Mountains will no longer instantly knock you off your mount.
- Fixed a bug causing ATI kernel panics; all spell effects should now be visible.
- Weather effects are again visible on systems with ATI 2×00 graphics such as aluminum iMac.
- Fixed a bug that precluded use of the FireWire iSight microphone with voice chat.
- Symlinks can be used again for Interface and WTF folders and subfolders.
- Cinematics playback is working again.
- Fixed an issue where secondary sound effects would not work with the Use Hardware option enabled in the Sound options of the User Interface.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to use some instant cast spells with Auto-Dismount in Flight checked in the interface would fail.
- Items that have multiple charges will now properly display the amount of charges.
- Fixed an issue where chain damage spells were chaining to critters.
- Female Draenei horns will now correctly protrude through certain plate helms.
- The Vengeful Gladiator’s Rifle will now play the proper sound when used.
- The Cursed Vision of Sargeras now gives the buff, “Sense Demons” which can be canceled normally. Additionally hunters and druids are able to track two things at once while using the item.
- It is no longer possible for pets to get stuck in place after exiting the Spectral Realm in the Kalecgos encounter.
- Blood Elf Priest: Consume Magic will now require the buff to be active in order to work properly.
- Undead and Blood Elf Priest: Touch of Weakness will now properly reduce the melee damage of the attacker.
- Fixed an issue where some spells had extraneous Floating Combat Text messages when using the Auras option.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes debuff icons on a target did not scale properly to indicate the spells had been cast by you.
- Ritual of Souls (Warlock) and Ritual of Refreshment (Mage) will no longer be placed on cooldown without having completed the summon.
- Looting a boss while a player is outside of the instance will no longer cause the corpse to despawn in 2 minutes if the player still has loot on the corpse.
- Whirlwind now has the correct sound associated with it.
The detail of this patch, and information on previous patches can be found at the official site of World of Warcraft
Fishing in World of Warcraft
Written by thaynn.
Fishing can be very boring at times, but if you take the time to level up your skill in it, it will be rewarding later on with gold. First thing you should do is buy a lure to improve your fishing rod, which will help you with your skill level to improve fast. The fish will keep getting away without a lure at low levels, so get the highest addition to your pole that you could use. Once you reach level 10 find a way to get to Auberdine in Dark Shore, the fisherman/fishing trainer there will have few quests for you that will give you better fishing rod, with better damage and +3 to fishing. Do all the quests from him and also from the Gnome in the upper room at the Inn. You will get an eventually get a better fishing rod with +5 to fishing.
If you are dedicated you can get to level 150 in few hours, then you get the next level up you will need to find the book, which can be bought from the AU (Auction House). Average price is 3Gold, its much faster than trying to find the seller to save 1 or 2 gold.
Tips from World of Warcraft (Part 2)
Written by thaynn.
- A blue question mark above a quest giver means the quest is repeatable.
- Use the assist button (F key) while targeting another player, and it will target the same target as that player.
- <Shift>Clicking on an item being sold by a vendor will let you select how many of that item you wish to purchase.
- Playing in a battleground on its holiday weekend increases your honor gained.
- If you are having trouble fishing in an area, try attaching a lure to your fishing pole.
- You can view messages you preiously sent in chat by pressing <Alt> and then up arrow key.
- You can Shift-Click on an item stack to split it into smaller stacks.
- Pressing both mouse buttons simultaneously will make your charachter run.
- When replying to a tell from a player (Default ;R;). the <TAB> key cycles through people you have recently replied to.
- Clicking an item name that appears bracketed in chat will tell you more about that item.
Tips from World of Warcraft
Written by thaynn.
Every time you login to “World Of Warcraft” there is a Tip waiting for you to help you out. Some of those tips came very handy in manipulating the settings, and they helped me better familiarize me with the options and modification that can be done for in-game play. Other Tips were basic knowledge that you would pick fast as you go through your first level or two. Some of those Tips are even about Honor points and their usage, or even raid advice.
- Tip: You can target members of your party with the function keys. F1 targets you, F2 targets and second member of your party.
- Tip: Remember to take all things in moderation (even World of Warcraft)
- Tip: You can click on a faction in the reputation pane to get additional information and detail about that faction.
- Tip: A monster with a silver dragon around its portrait is a rare monster with better than average treasure
- Tip: If you mouse over a chat pane it wll become visible and you can right click for more options.
- Tip: Sharing an account with someone else can compromise its security
- Tip: You can display the duration of beneficial spells on you from the interface options menu.
- Tip: You can lock your action bar so you don’t accidentally move spells. This is done using the interface menu.
- Tip: You can assign a Hotkey to toggle locking/unlocking your action bar.
- Tip: You can cast a spell on yourself without deselecting your current target by holding down <ALT> while pressing the Hotkey
New to the game of “World of Warcraft”
Written by thaynn.
As a new player to the World of Warcraft, I suggest you finding a good Guild to aid you on your journey through the many obstacles you will face though your quests. There are people everywhere inviting left and right, so being a little picky can go a long way. The first few levels are easy to go through by doing few quests; it is when you get to level 15 or close to level 20 when you will be spending more time to level up.
Around that time the quests will request more and more travel time. You will find yourself running back and forth to fulfill simple deliveries, they are worth the walk, think of it as free experience. Try to keep up with your quest list and get them done, because when you enter a new area you will find many new quests that will easily fill up your list.
Welcome to WoW help!
Written by admin.
Unlike previous games in the Warcraft series, World of Warcraft within a persistent game world, exploring the landscape, fighting monsters, performing quests, building is a MMORPG, not a real-time strategy game. As with other MMORPGs, people control a character avatarskills, and interacting with NPCs as well as other players. The game rewards success with money, items, and experience, which in turn allow players to improve their skill and power. Players can level up their characters from level one to level 60, level 70 if they have The Burning Crusade expansion (released on January 16, 2007), or level 80 if they have the yet to be released Wrath of the Lich King expansion. In addition, players may opt to take part in battles against other players of an enemy faction, in PvP battlegrounds or in normal world zones subject to the rules in place on the particular server. Duels can also be fought between members of the same or opposing factions, although these do not provide tangible rewards. Many players also choose to join guilds in order to conduct raids against enemy territories and instances.
Content borrowed from wikipedia.org